It’s our last full day in Lucerne and we spent most of it just wandering around – you could never tire of the views here.
- 10.70 Supermarket
- 15.60 Lunch
- 10.00 Water (x4)
- 21.60 Dinner
- 7.00 Pastries!
- 7.00 Lunch
- 6.60 Coffee (One S Bucks Grande Cappuccino – yikes)
- 16.60 Gifts
- 8.00 Ice Creams
- 30.00 Dinner
(Today) we bought small gifts for the kids (Swiss chocolate of course), and then this evening we had dinner at the Lucerne version of Chipotle – Mexxx – which was very good.
Back home tomorrow!
Hi everyone! I hope you are all well. We’re having a fantastic time in Lucerne. The city is beautiful, and the weather is amazing – what more could you ask for!
As usual I’ve set a budget for this trip (£400), and I’m tracking our spending as we go.
Before we left home we changed £250 into 350 Swiss Francs – any other spending will be done on our fee free credit card and paid off as soon as we get home.
- £27.50 Airport meal (Frankie & Bennies*)
- £2.20 Water
- 112.00 Return Train Fare
- 8.00 Water and Swiss Chocolate (couldn’t resist!)
- 66.00 Dinner
- 10.00 Drinks
- 30.00 Glacier Garden
- 8.00 Drinks
- 8.80 Lunch
- 76.00 Dinner and Wine
….as usual most of our spending is on food and drink!
* awful meal! I should of refused to pay really, it was that bad!
PS. More photos on my Flickr photo stream.
I’m wrapping up my spending report a day early this week as we’ve off on our travels to lovely Lucerne in Switzerland tomorrow – I can’t wait!
- £79.99 Sat Nav
- £8.00 Flowers
- £9.30 Grocery
- No spend day
- No spend day
- £12.19 Grocery
- £8.00 Fish & Chips!
- No spend day
+ £25.40 Items sold
On Monday we purchased a Sat Nav – this one includes European roads which will come in handy when we’re trying to navigate around Portugal! I budgeted £100 for this purchase, so I’ll be able to snowflake the other £20 to our mortgage. I also bought my Mum some flowers and a few groceries.
On Friday, after a stressful day (more to come on that another day!), we succumbed to buying fish & chips from the local chippy.
Three no spend days so I’m happy! How was your spending this week?
Can you believe we’re nearly half way through 2013? No, me neither! Anyway, I started the year with a master to do list, and happily a lot of the items have been completed……just not all of them. So I’ve updated the list adding just the outstanding items.
- Paint the dining room
- Paint the kitchen/breakfast room
- Clean the extractor fan grills (yuck)
- Get all the outstanding woodwork completed
- Buy a duvet cover for main bedroom
- Get a quote for the re-pointing
- Clean shower head
- Add art to our bedroom
- Close unused checking account
- Transfer ISA in September
- Get engagement ring setting checked
- Update all old blog posts
- Close old hotmail account
- Streamline web hosting
- Make (edible) bread
- Streamline my menu planning
- Visit Lucerne & document trip
- Finish de-cluttering Mum’s (including garage)
- Go on a day trip with my daughters
- Add a solar light at back door
- Organise all iTunes
- Organise all photos
- Lose weight (20lbs)
- Complete a no spend month
- Source a coffee table
- Finish selling all Mum’s unwanted stuff
- Make at least £2,500 over and above regular income: £1,068.71/£2,500
- Spend no more than £2,00 on groceries: £1,223.65/£2,000
- Reduce our mortgage debt by
- Reduce our gas and electricity direct debit
- Update our 5 year plan
- Go to the Design Museum in London
- Take Mum to London (again)
- Update my CV
- Make a will
- Have afternoon tea at the Ritz
- Save £200 in my sealed pot
What’s on your to do list for the rest of 2013? Have you even got a list?