I’m a couple of days early but here is our spending breakdown for February.
Nothing much happening here. Electricity was less than last month, but we were away for 6 days.
Grocery was under budget! Woo! And I stockpiled! Double woo! We spent a little on paint and filler to get the bedrooms finished. This money should technically have come out of the apartment budget, but I left it in here. A vase also slipped onto this budget line. Me + West Elm = Control Issues!
We spent a little on eating out this month as it was my birthday – we’re not talking about which birthday as I’m still in denial!! – and this was our contribution to the meal cost.
Clothing I talked about yesterday. M bought a polo top and swim shorts too.
Gifts. I restocked my gift wrapping supplies this month + bought my daughter a birthday gift. Postage was spent sending sold items. I made a little over £50 this month by doing a little de-cluttering.
Travel Costs (not included above) £583.82
£352.60 in New York (on food and transport mainly). We then spent £231.22 on day trips for a fast approaching May vacation.
General notes on our budget:
1. Pension deductions are taken straight from M’s wages
2. We have an amount of money set aside for apartment updates
3. Monthly donation payments are taken from M’s checking account, and then
4. The joint checking account is funded with £2,600 every month. 50% of this money goes on expenses, the other 50% is invested.
2015 Financial Goals progress:
It’s early days but here’s how I’m doing so far.
1. The sum of invested assets at 25% of goal by December 2016. At the end of February our progress will be 12.19% On target.
2. Spend no more than £2,520 on grocery & household in 2015. £416.32/£2,520. On target.
3. Track every penny spent in 2015. So far so good
How did you do in February?