I’ve set the grocery budget at £180 for May, but as a little challenge to myself I’m going to try and spend less than I did in April (£170.58). Now I’m aiming to stay under £180!
I sort of abandoned my menu plan this week (Don’t blog a menu plan + Don’t stick to a menu plan!), and ended up buying a total treat dinner at the local supermarket! I also bought a few groceries (+extras) at my Mum’s and tipped my grocery spending very close to my May target. It’s not a big deal really, my grocery budget is my own personal challenge, and if I can stay within a few pounds of it I’m happy.
*MAY GROCERY SPENDING
- £85.64 2nd May
- £3.30 6th May
- £4.65 7th May
- £7.43 9th May
- £8.94 15th May
- £34.66 16th May
- £8.75 20th May
- £22.17 23rd May
Total spent: £175.54/£170.58
In order to keep our spending down over the next 8 days I need to avoid the supermarket as much as possible. I did a quick food inventory update this morning and made a new menu plan. The pantry cupboards are quite full, we have a few bits in the fridge (see photo), and we also have the following in the freezer.
- Chicken Portions x 2
- Bean Burger x 1 + Leftover Meat Sauce x 1 portion
- Beef Portions (Stewing Cubes) x 5
- One RM Pizza + 3 RM Quiche
- Sausages x 1
- Quarter bag peppers
- Half bag stir fry veg
- Pastry/ Milk x 2 pints
- Bread x 1.5 Loaves/Naan x 2/Tortilla Wraps x 6
- Friday: New Potatoes, Veggies, Sausages and Gravy
- Saturday: Stir Fry Chili Chicken Noodles
- Sunday: Pizza + Huge Salad (need to buy salad)
- Monday: Beef in Ale Pie and Veggies
- Tuesday: Chicken Curry and Naan
- Wednesday: Leftover Meat Sauce with Tagliatelle (M) Bean Burger (Me)
- Thursday: Quiche with Potatoes
- Friday: BLT’s
We have a lot of food in, and if I buy anything apart from salad, milk or bread, it’ll just be me giving into temptation lol!