Hello and welcome!
I'm Laura and I post snippets of my life in budgets, travel, and minimalist living.
We are not financial advisors. This blog is a reflection of our personal opinions and financial choices. We can not be held responsible for any decisions you make as a result of reading this blog. Please make your own financial decisions based on personal research or see a financial advisor.
Also there are paid links on this site. There is no obligation on your part to purchase any products advertised on this website.
*Update August 2014. Downsized and purchased an apartment mortgage free
We’re trying to pay down our mortgage debt as soon as possible. Our goal is to be mortgage free by the end of 2017.
PROGRESS TO DATE
– Original Mortgage: £138,485 (April 2006)
– Original term: 300 months (March 2031)
– Outstanding Balance: £68,915.24 (June 1st 2014)
– Paid off to date: £69,569.76
– Starting Balance: £73,500
– Target Balance: £58,000
– Paid off in 2014: £4,093.12
– Starting Balance: £84,950
– End Balance: £73,500
– Paid off in 2013: £11,450
– Starting Balance: £106,322.34
– Ending Balance: £84,950.00
– Paid off in 2012: £21,372.34