Five Financial Goals for 2013:
- Reduce our mortgage debt by at least £25,000. This is our main goal for 2013 and one that we plan to attack over nine months (March - November inc.)
- Save at least £4,500 for travel. We hope to take at least three trips in 2013, but only if we can save this money. Completed!
- Increase our cash savings by at least £2,200. Completed!
- Make at least £2,500 over and above our regular income. Extra money earned to pay for further house repairs.
- Spend no more than £2,000 on groceries. This will be an ongoing challenge throughout the year, but I'm hoping a fully functioning stockpile will help!
Updated August 2013:
Things have changed a lot for us over the last 7/8 months, and with only a few months of 2013 left, we've decided to revise our goals a little rather than keep working towards ones that are unrealistic, or no longer a priority.
New Financial Goals for 2013:
- Reduce our mortgage balance to less than £72,000 - Current balance is £75,950 (AUGUST)
- Complete and pay for all house repairs - Approximate cost £4,000
- Spend no more than £2,500 on groceries - Current spend (8 months Dec-July inc.) £1,660.62
All the monthly updates are here in the Goals Category of the site.