I've been neglecting my menu planning posts, but not my menu planning thankfully (doing that always costs me money!)
Our grocery budget is staying at £200 for December because I've already bought a lot of the non-perishable items (including the booze!) that I need for the holidays......but there are a lot of times when I'm feeding 4+, so we'll see how well that goes!
Our menu this week:
- Spicy Chorizo & Tomato Pasta (recipe found here)
- Sweet & Sour Chicken/Rice/Broccoli
- Baked Salmon/Potatoes/Broccoli/Corn
- Sausage & Egg Muffins
- BBQ Pork Chops/Mash/Corn/Green Beans
M is away for a couple of nights so I'll just be having soup or baked beans on toast.
What's on your menu this week?
Linking up with I'm an Organizing Junkie
So we're back from our trip, and I'm (very much) trying to get back into a routine. For me routine equals being on track with my goals.....or getting back on track after a 'spendy' month!
First up is menu planning. A quick freezer inventory this morning and a plan for the rest of October.
- Monday: Pizza & Salad
- Tuesday: Dinner at my daughters
- Wednesday: Nachos Grande (Chili)
- Thursday: Soup
- Friday: Salmon & Sweet Chili Noodles
- Saturday: Chicken Curry, Rice & Naan
- Sunday: Sausage Sandwiches
- Monday: Chili & Rice
- Tuesday: BBQ Pork Chop, Corn & Mash
- Wednesday: Pasta Bolognese
- Thursday: Soup
My spending app tells me I've spent £103.49 on grocery this month (it doesn't include food bought in NY - that's included in our holiday spending), but I do need to buy a few bits today, fruit, milk etc. I've also noticed that my favourite instant coffee is on offer at the local supermarket, so I'll be adding a few jars of that to my stockpile too.
Okay, that's it for today. I'm off to catch up on my blog reading