01. 01. 2015

Decorations

I woke up at 6am this morning and by half past the decorations were all boxed up! This happens every year, as I love to get everything back to normal on New Years Day.

The box of decorations ^ + a red robin is everything we decorated with this year. We didn’t have a tree – baubles went in bowls instead – after giving it away during our move. If anyone is interested in how we store things in our small home, this box + the robin, are kept under a bed in a storage bag. It’s not ideal but it works for now.

cleaning at the sink

I also took the opportunity to wash a few decorative objects and tidy up my plants as everything seemed really dusty.

Ok, that’s enough about cleaning! I’m off to catch up on my blog reading. Have a lovely rest of the day.

Follow No More Spending:

TWITTER | PINTEREST | RSS | EMAIL | BLOGLOVIN’

Laura

In 2014 my husband & I downsized our home to speed up our quest for Financial Freedom. We swapped our large three bed house, for a small two bed apartment to clear our mortgage and give us enough budget freedom to travel and still save for the future. Our dream, after achieving Financial Freedom, is to spend part of every year living abroad.

Latest posts by Laura (see all)

10 Responses to “Holiday Clear Up”

1. M says:

Booo! Christmas ends on the 6th January, so we’re putting our very minimal decorations away on the 7th!

2. Amanda says:

Nice! We had very few decorations this year too (just a Santa and fresh mistletoe in the bathroom) and the quick clean up was lovely! The simple approach suits us :)

3. Will be taking down the Christmas tree on the 4th (usually do this on the weekend after New Year’s, so the following work week feels “back to normal.”) But I went on a cleaning jag today as well!

4. Michelle says:

I didn’t decorate this year because I’m traveling, so I was a little sad :( I love this time of year.

5. Frugal Wench says:

Taking mine down tonight in a bit of a Friday Fling. So sad! My house will probably look really minimalist and tidy!*

*nah!

6. Jane says:

By 7am today I had all the decorations gathered on the dining room table. Once I’m done my blog reading I’ll go get the plastic bin I store things in and that will be the end of Christmas for another year!

7. SarahN says:

I love how restrained you can be with your Christmas decorations. I bought MORE this year – a ‘swag’ of green bushiness, which seems more versatile than a tree to me. Two boxes of baubles to decorate that. Some thick meshing stuff to do oversized bows… And some more Christmas cards to replace those I wrote. Adding to the existing blue glitter ornaments my mother foisted on me last year, and an inflatable tree, and a few ornaments gifted to me. Really, far too much. But I do love it!

I always wonder how and where others store their Christmas things. Our tree is average size but it takes such a large section of cupboard space to store all year. Good idea to use under-bed storage for the ornaments.

I’m trying to remember how we managed to keep our Christmas tree in our apartment in Sydney…we had a shared storage shed on the roof of the building and I think it must have lived in there.

9. Sue says:

We have a bigger box than you, but the Christmas decorations do all fit into the one box (incidentally we also put the Christmas Dvds, CDs and jumpers in there too. Once packed it vanishes to the recess in the cupboard under the stairs not to be seen for another year … just the way I like it.

10. We decorated without a tree this year, too. I find it kind of nice…maybe that will be our tradition.