28. 12. 2014

Hi everyone! If you celebrate it I hope that you had a very Merry Christmas. Our plans had to change a little as my youngest daughter has been very poorly, but we adapted and still had a lovely day. Our journey home from my in-laws on Friday evening didn’t go as planned either, but after watching the news we feel very grateful to have even made it home. The roads were treacherous!

Christmas Decorations

Spending Report:

I’ve been aiming for 5 no spend days this week, but I’m only going to manage 4 as we need to buy petrol today due to all the extra mileage driven over the last few days.

Monday:
– £78.80 Grocery

Saturday:
– £17.00 Wallpaper

Sunday:
– £50.00 Petrol

The wallpaper – for the second bedroom – was reduced in price online and so I ordered it for delivery next week. I’m hoping it’s arrival will kick start me into decorating mode ;)

Laura

In 2014 my husband & I downsized our home to speed up our quest for Financial Freedom. We swapped our large three bed house, for a small two bed apartment to clear our mortgage and give us enough budget freedom to travel and still save for the future. Our dream, after achieving Financial Freedom, is to spend part of every year living abroad.

Latest posts by Laura (see all)

12 Responses to “Spending Diary (28th December 2014)”

1. M says:

Sorry to hear of the troubles, but as it’s technically still Christmas until 6th January, then you may as well keep celebrating!

Congratulations on being so many no spend days in one week, 4 is still fab!

Cheers!

• Laura says:

Thanks M…unfortunately the stomach flu bug is going through the family now…here’s hoping I’m not the next to get it!

2. I was thinking of you, spending the first Christmas without your dad. I’m sorry to hear you had additional negatives to think about as well – and hope your daughter is feeling better. But as M says in the comment, there is lots of time to keep celebrating! I am dying to know if the wallpaper is an Orla Kiely :)

• Laura says:

Hi Dar. Thank you for thinking of me. I must admit this Christmas felt a little different to previous years and then Katie got ill too….never mind, we’ll make up for it another time.

Ha, not Orla Kiely this time :)

3. A belated Merry Christmas to you and your family, Laura. Also, been thinking of you. Claire x

Stomach flu is dreadful…hope you don’t get it. Laura and I hope Katie is soon feeling better. Very unfortunate to get it right on Christmas :(

That’s a brilliant Spending Record for Christmas week – lots of organisation behind it, I am sure. Next year I am hoping to ‘spread costs’ by saving vouchers etc. throughout the year to use on Christmas Week.

• Laura says:

Thanks Fiona, she’s a lot better now.
      That sounds like a good idea, I’m going to try and build up some grocery budget (say £10) a month towards the extra food. it’s a tentative try though lol.

5. Amanda says:

Merry Christmas Laura! Hopefully everyone is back to good health soon! I can’t wait to see this wallpaper :)

6. weenie says:

Hope you had a great Christmas and hope your daughter is better.