02. 07. 2014

Summer To-Do List

Rather than set a few mini goals for July (& August) I thought a to-do list would be simpler. Tasks, not goal’s, is the theme for the next two months!

Summer To-Do:

This is more of a ‘Moving House To-Do List’, but having it here on the blog will help me to stay organised!

TWITTER | PINTEREST | RSS | EMAIL | BLOGLOVIN’

Laura

In 2014 my husband & I downsized our home to speed up our quest for Financial Freedom. We swapped our large three bed house, for a small two bed apartment to clear our mortgage and give us enough budget freedom to travel and still save for the future. Our dream, after achieving Financial Freedom, is to spend part of every year living abroad.

Latest posts by Laura (see all)

13 Responses to “Summer 2014 To-Do List”

1. Tony says:

I wasn’t quite sure why you had stuff going into storage?

Just got the post redirected this morning – what a rip off!

I have a similar list that I’m working through – hope I don’t need to move again for at least ten years! :)

p.s. It’s a shame part of the moving story is over at movetoportugal.org – I had missed your recent post on the house there because I thought you had stopped posting there – maybe there are others too! (I only found it because I checked on a whim).

• Laura says:

HI Tony
      There’s a delay in moving into our new place. We sort of expected it. Much keener to just make sure our sale goes through in a timely manner.
      I agree about moving , we are so de-cluttered and yet I feel totally over-whelmed some days.

I wanted to keep a diary of the apartment redecoration/updates etc for myself, without putting lots of ‘I painted this wall today’ posts happening over here – if that makes sense.

2. Michelle says:

Quite a list for the summer. Storage is just so expensive … we had one since last year and I am just tempted to sell everything there since I dont even know whats there anymore. It was meant to be there for just a couple of months =(

• Laura says:

Hi Michelle
      It’s funny what we can live without isn’t it! I should sell it all and get rid of the cost :)

3. I have been in that situation a couple of times, having to use storage between selling and buying. I think it’s bearable if you can hire movers to carry stuff! I assume you had no choice on the timing of your dad’s kitchen install! It’s great you have some London time and a November trip to look forward to as well.

• Laura says:

Hi Dar! We’re doing the initial move ourselves with help from two kids and a boyfriend lol! I’m supervising in the main!
      For the move into the apartment (and a flight of stairs), I think we’ll get movers.

Dad’s having new windows and a bathroom too – the timing sucks but it can’t be helped.

4. Amanda says:

You’re so organized! Usually I’m so excited about moving that I just jump right in and don’t actually make a list until I’m in the thick of it. Good luck – I hope everything goes smoothly!

5. SarahN says:

You know me, I love a good list! I was shocked at the storage place, til I realised it was just a logistics move, not a “we have too much stuff” – which I know you don’t!!

You have to ‘register’ for new doctors and dentists? We just rock on up any where! Luckily I only moved a suburb away, so it’s a longer walk to get to them, but still entirely possible! That being said, when I’m super sick, i want a VERY close GP, and no appointment garbage!

• Laura says:

Ha! Yes it’s logistics only…although my son, who is home right now, is far from -de-cluttered’!

We have to register, but we are moving to a different area so would need to change anyway.

6. You’re so organized. I love it! We’re contemplating a kitchen renovation, so any insight or pictures you can share would be much appreciated.

• Laura says:

Organised but still stressing over the move a little! I think it’s impossible not to when you think of everything that has to be done :)

7. iou says:

LOTS to do that has to do with the move. I’m sure once that’s complete it will be a big sigh of relief. Our last move was just down the hall so it wasn’t too stressful!