24. 06. 2014

In preparation for our move I’m defrosting our freezer at the weekend. The buyers are keeping it, and I’ll be able to use it until we move out, but I didn’t want to leave it until the last-minute. Our menu plan should ensure an empty freezer by Sunday.

Before that though, here’s what I purchased this morning:

GROCERY HAUL

Shopping List: £31.85

Menu Plan:

– Monday: Leftover Bolognese + Pasta
– Tuesday: Pizza + Salad
– Wednesday: Chili & Rice
– Thursday: Chili Nachos
– Friday: Toasted Chicken Panini’s
– Saturday: Bacon & Egg Sandwiches
– Sunday: Curry & Naan Bread
– Monday: Southwest Chicken Skillet
– Tuesday: Leftover Chicken Skillet on Nachos

FOLLOW NO MORE SPENDING:

TWITTER | PINTEREST | RSS | EMAIL | BLOGLOVIN’

Linking up with I’m an Organising Junkie

10 Responses to “Our Menu Plan + Grocery Haul #18”

1. Gill says:

I ended up taking a big cooler of food with us this time, normally I am more organized, not sure what happened?

2. weenie says:

My freezer is in dire need of defrosting, so I’m trying to eat everything in it over the next week. I think I’ll be alright with the meat and frozen veg but I think I’m going to struggle with the 3 boxes of ice cream cones (fell for a 3 for the price of 2 offer recently!)

Just spotted thqt you bought some refuse sacks for your move. I don’t think I’ve bought any such sacks in a long time – I am always inundated with charity bags posted through my door, so the surplus ends up being used for rubbish.

• Laura says:

I haven’t bought any lately either, but we’re moving my son on Monday too and I wanted to go prepared for his clothing mountain – I know he won’t have bags at the ready!!

3. I think you’ve chosen a nice mix of fresh food and using things up. Do you look forward to starting over with an empty fridge?

• Laura says:

Yes! We still don’t have a date for moving in, but I know when we’re leaving here and will be staying at my Mum’s if there’s a time gap.

It’s hard to completely clear a fridge without waste. Have you had to dispose of sauces, jars etc?

We emptied our fridge before going on holiday as I was worried about power fails. It’s turned out they’ve had huge storms and widespread power outages, so I’m glad we did it. But it’s been a bit costly as we had to give away lots of sauces etc.

• Laura says:

I haven’t given anything away yet, but I will be doing. I’m off up to my sons on Monday, he’ll have anything that’s going :)

5. Best of luck eating your way through the freezer, and with the move, too!