18. 04. 2014

Good morning! I’m sorry for my absence this week. I was trying so hard not to get caught up in the whole ‘we’re selling our house’ stress, but it happened anyway! The good news is though, we have a buyer. It happened so fast (on the first viewing), and so it’s been a whirlwind of activity over the last few days. Not least because we haven’t even thought about finding somewhere to live yet!!

Of course so many things can go wrong between now and the day we exchange contracts – hopefully it won’t – so at the moment we’re just concentrating on family stuff (a wedding and a birthday celebration) + getting organised for our trip to Portugal. Once we’re back home, if everything is still ok with the sale, then we’ll start looking for a new place to live. Yikes!

Minimalist Wardrobe:

Minimalist wardrobe

I’ll talk about it a lot more in my de-cluttering post tomorrow (+ in a separate post next week), but I have organised my wardrobe this week. A few items needed editing out + the actual wardrobe needed a clean (dust etc). It felt good to get it done.

Ok. I think that’s it for today. I need to pop into town to drop some paperwork off + buy a few groceries (we have extra people for dinner tonight), and then hopefully I can catch up with all your blogs.

Have a lovely day :)

28 Responses to “Friday Miscellany”

1. Gam Kau says:

Exciting news – that was fast. Fingers crossed all progresses smoothly. Enjoy the weekend and the weather! :)

2. Sue says:

WOW!! That happened fast, well done to you, it just shows what a fantastic job you have done of your house.

Love the wardrobe organisation, do you add a splash of colour for summer or do you stay pretty neutral throughout?

3. Congratulations on finding a buyer so quickly. I’m due another wardrobe clear out considering I don’t wear most things in there.

4. Scarlet says:

That’s great news! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

5. Amanda says:

That’s fantastic! I’m crossing my fingers that everything works out easily in the end :)

6. lonestarsky says:

Ooh, congrats on the sale. So quick! Hope it all goes ok.

7. Whoop! It’s great when you sell straight away!
    Whoop! I love a quick sale. Perfect timing of
    spring + more buoyant house market + well presented/decluttered house. Enjoy your family celebrations and planning your new home. Excited for you. I’ve been editing my wardrobe again too :)

8. Jennifer says:

WOW! That was really fast. We were on the market 33 days and had about 15 showings before we had an offer, but the average days on the market is 80 right now, so I think it was not too bad.

It is more work after the sale it seems! There is one thing after another, but luckily, as the process goes forward, the easier it becomes. We are in the same boat, though I have already done all the cleaning out – we are moving to our new place very slowly!

WOW!!!! That is the most exciting news! Just shows what a great job you’ve done on the house :D Can’t believe it sold so fast! You must have so many decisions ahead…what a busy time! So so pleased for you!

• Thanks Fiona! Right now we’re thinking we make take a rental for 6 months to give ourselves time to look for our next (and hopefully final) home purchase.

10. Michelle says:

FANTASTIC!!! Am so excited for you. It’s as if all of your organizing was to prepare you for this moment. Can’t wait to hear about the process.

11. So exciting and yet so stressful – I will cross all the fingers and toes that the exchange goes through smoothly!

12. Libby says:

Congrats!

I believe that when things happen smoothly, they are meant to be…..not like trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Enjoy your trip with a HUGE hurdle crossed!

13. Wow! Congrats on selling the house so quickly! And, as always, I’m jealous of the simplicity and organization you show here in the blog. Such a cool closet shot.

14. You have a buyer! How exciting. I look forward to hearing about where you’ll choose to live next. You plan to buy again in the UK?

• Hi Dar! You’re back! Hope you had a great time :)

Yes, we sold on the first viewing. Of course it could all go wrong…but I’m hoping it doesn’t :)