London (March 2014)

The Gherkin, London

My trip to London this week is more to visit with family and friends than anything else, but I did get to nip into Borough Market this morning + view the nearby Gherkin and Shard. The food selection at the market is wonderful, and very tempting, but it is expensive and so I kept my purse firmly in my bag!

After being South of the river for a short time I then caught the tube up to the Kings Road to run a few errands.

To keep costs down, food on this trip will be very simple. I’m not sure if we’ll even go out for dinner at all. Last night we just grabbed a takeaway pizza (from Ask), and ate it in our room.

Spending Tuesday
- £4.15 Coffee + Cake! (Starbucks)
- £7.00 Pizza (Ask)

Have you been to London? What’s your favorite thing to do/see?

Comments

Every single person I’ve spoken to about London says we have to visit the Tower of London on our trip. Can’t wait to see London!

Hope you enjoy your week – it seems so exotic to us as it’s soo far away. I can’t imagine just being able to pop up to London for a few days!

2. Eva @ Girl Counting Pennies says

It sounds like you are having a great time in London. It’s a shame the weather has not been that great lately!

I went to the Borough Market two weeks ago with a friend of mine and we had such a lovely time. I’ve been to Aqua Shard a few times in March, mainly for drinks after work with my colleagues (my own birthday drinks and then my colleague’s leaving do) as I work near Bank station and it’s not too far. The views are truly amazing! It’s also interesting you should mention King’s Road. I was there on Monday with a friend of mine. I also moved to that area on Sunday so I will be walking down that road a lot more now :)

3. Baroness Prudent Spending says

So many places are fab in London. But I love the National Gallery. And walking from St. Paul’s to the Tate Modern (via Millennium Bridge across the Thames) is also nice. Of course the V&A is fab too (and surrounding area). Oh love London :-)
    ~ Pru

4. anexactinglife says

Love the museums, galleries and parks; viewing and naming the modern buildings (Shard, Walkie Talkie etc) and going to plays and concerts. Never get tired of it either!

• nomorespending says

This was the first time I’d seen the Shard up close, it’s a wonderful building although I didn’t get a very good photo of it (even by my standards!)

5. Libby says

Six years ago I took my then 10 year old son to London. We both LOVED making brass rubbings in the basement of St Martins in the Field. His favorite was a full day spent at the Tower. My favorite was London theater. We both found the Imperial War Museum fascinating – I was shocked to see how little food was the weekly rations for one person during WWII. And last, but not least, we participated in a London Walks Archaeology Walk on the mudflats of the Thames. We found clay pipes which were how smokes were sold in the 1600′s.

Truly a world class city!