Planned vs. Actual:
- I nearly made it with groceries!
- I’ve adjusted the settings on my phone so that no picture messages can sneak through and cost me 25p. A small thing, but something I can totally avoid happening.
- Extra income earned towards the £2,014 in 2014 challenge was £97.07
- Miscellaneous spending (see below) includes the annual hosting fees for my blogs
- February Saving Rate: 35%
- I simplified our budget spread sheets and went back to a zero based budget.
February Financial Goals:
+ Save £300 towards 2014 travel – Yes!
+ Save £100 in Gift Fund – Yes!
+ Save £20 in personal care fund (dentist & optician) – Yes!
+ Save £50 in S&S ISA – Yes
+ Make a £372.61 over payment to the mortgage – Yes!
+ Stick to our grocery budget – Nearly
Net Worth: £130,218.78 (£1,002.43) (Financial Freedom)
We made a slight change to our Net Worth calculation this month. We used to do a snapshot balance of all our money on the first of every month (checking + mini saving funds etc included), but we’ve taken these accounts out of the calculation. It was getting too complicated to manage.
We have/had a gift fund, a travel fund, a repairs fund* + we lent my daughter a small amount towards a car purchase. It was all far too messy to keep track of, so we’ve taken all the accounts out of our NW. From now on we’re only tracking money towards M’s early retirement.
*We’re in the process of reducing the amount of small savings accounts we have, but that’s another post!
Ok! I think that’s it for February! I hope February was kind to you!