After ‘forgetting’ (and by that I mean avoiding!) to do a budget round-up for the last two months, I thought it would be good (for our bank balance) to get back on the straight and narrow for September!
Planned vs. Actual:
- We added an extra £100 to the planned mortgage over payment, making the total overpayment £219.02
- We reduced the payment to the energy company by £51
- The window cleaner has been but I missed him – I’ll pay twice next month
WeI overspent the grocery!
- I spent more on miscellaneous items than planned (see below) – for one thing I forgot a birthday!
Extra Income & Spending:
- The eating out is from my 3 nights in Poole
- One of our Fixed Rate ISA accounts matured this month- this helped the negative cash flow caused by the building works
- I sold quite a bit of stuff this month
Okay that’s it! I still have a few pounds in my purse to buy a couple of grocery items (if I need them) so September is a wrap for us!
:: How did your budget go this month? ::