Menu Planning

I need to get back to making a proper menu plan – it’s no coincidence that as soon as I stop posting one on here, I start to overspend my grocery budget! (Although even with a little over spending, I still think our grocery budget is quite reasonable ;))

I’ve done a food inventory (and know that I need to buy chicken), but apart from that, most of this should come from our cupboards and freezer.

Menu Plan Monday

• Monday: Stir Fry Veggies, Noodles and Sausages
  • Tuesday: Tagliatelle Bolognese with Garlic Bread
  • Wednesday: Chicken Kiev with Jacket Potatoes
  • Thursday: Grilled Chicken and Veggies
  • Friday: Pizza!
  • Saturday: Out for lunch
  • Sunday: Chili and Rice

That’s it nice and simple!

What’s on your menu plan this week?

(Linking up with Organizing Junkie)

Comments

1. anexactinglife says

Laura, do you change your meals much in the hot weather? I usually keep it the same (cook a big batch of something 2-3 times a week and eat each one for a couple of days). Usually my thinking is that if it’s so hot, what difference will it make to use the stove top or oven? It’s nice to be able to microwave some leftovers. But a stir fry would hit the spot, too!

• nomorespending says

No, not really it’s so rarely really hot here (although we are having a lovely heatwave right now!) – I just go seasonal and have salad with everything in the summer and veggies with everything in the winter.

2. stayathomemummy says

I know I don’t comment often but I love seeing your food shops & reading your meal plans.
    Your food always seems healthy yet ‘normal’ enough that its the things that I would eat. I think I might join in with your meal plans too to help keep me focused x

3. Andrea says

My menu this week:

Monday- HM corned beef hash with roast parsnips+calcannon and mashed swede and carrots
    Tuesday-HM Chicken curry and rice
    Wednesday- HM Quiche+ jacket potato and salad
    Thursday-Hm lasagne and salad
    Friday-HM fish cakes and chips
    Saturday- Faggots mushy peas mash and gravy
    Sunday- chicken dinner

I am a vegetarian so mine is a veggie version
    Monday veggie pie
    Tuesday Rice with mushrooms peas and onions
    Wednesday same
    Thursday sweetcon and quorn bake
    Friday veggie sausage nd chips
    Saturday calconnon and salad
    Sunday Sunday dinner with 2 quorn sausage

4. Keri says

I sometimes slack off on planning lunches, especially in the summer when I don’t have to pack lunchboxes in the morning. Then I end up forgetting to add something obvious to my shopping list, like sandwich bread!

5. GirlCountingPennies says

I love stir fry veggies and noodles! I’ve just had penne with grilled haloumi & cherry tomatoes, and made pitas filled with veggies for my lunch tomorrow. Enjoy your dinner! :)