Keeping a record of our spending (good or bad!), s a habit - for daily recording I use an app on my phone, and every week (usually on a Sunday when I write this post), I transfer the figures to an excel spreadsheet. It only takes a few minutes, but knowing where all our money goes (or hopefully stays!) is the key to managing our budget.
Spending this week:
- £90.42 Grocery for the holidays
- £8.00 Lottery syndicate at work
- £25.00 Work shoes for my son
- £9.00 Window Cleaner
- £79.87 Blog cost
- £2.15 Coffee
- £24.75 Home
- £11.01 Gift
- £1,144.00 Trip deposit
- £126.75 Hotel and Parking
Money in this week:
- £35.00 Refund (Clothing return)
- £78.72 Blog income
- £19.45 Lottery syndicate work
- £4.00 Cash back
As you can see lots of spending this week. We booked a trip to New York in April and the airport parking/hotel for the night before - early flight out of Heathrow on a Tuesday and didn't want to risk the traffic. Both expenses were booked through a cash back site (3.5% & 10%), so we'll be getting a bit of the money back (£76.31), in a few weeks.
A little money back in this week:
- Annual payout (winnings) from my work lottery syndicate as you can see for a £2 weekly cost it's not a good return on my investment! I put most of the money in my sealed pot.
- Refund on a jumper that I bought a few weeks ago - I didn't like it as much when I got it home
- Cash back was for the garden storage I bought back in the summer.
- A little blog income which covered the cost of my site move
No spend days this week - 3