We are not financial advisors. This blog is a reflection of our personal opinions and financial choices. We can not be held responsible for any decisions you make as a result of reading this blog. Please make your own financial decisions based on personal research or see a financial advisor.
Also there are paid links on this site. There is no obligation on your part to purchase any products advertised on this website.
I love the start of a New Year and the promise it brings. Even at low points of my life (and there’s been a few!), January 1st always seemed to give me a motivational kick.
Here we go then 2013……..I’m ready!
1. Reduce our mortgage debt by at least £25,000. This is our main goal for 2013 and one that we plan to attack for nine months (March – November inc.)
2. Save at least £4,500 for travel. We hope to take at least three trips in 2013, but only if we can save this money
3. Increase our cash savings by at least £2,200. The start of a deposit for a potential house purchase
4. Make at least £2,500 over and above our regular income. Extra money earned to pay for further house repairs.
5. Spend no more than £2,000 on groceries. This will be an ongoing challenge throughout the year but I’m hoping a fully functioning stockpile will help!