I'm keeping track of the progress we're making towards our annual financial goals on a monthly basis.
Okay it looks like we
may definitely need to change our goals for 2012. The building work and house to do list needs to take priority over saving for next years trip, so we're putting that on hold for a while.
In the mean time, we'll top up our travel fund until it has a balance of £1k (and our family holiday to Portugal is done and dusted), and then start paying for house repairs. I'm thinking that we may have over stretched ourselves (with our goals), this year, but we'll continue to attack the mortgage for as long as possible.
1) Reduce the mortgage to less than
£83,000 £80,000 by December 31st 2012:
We started with a mortgage balance of £106,322.34 and I'm pleased to report that it now stands at £93,607.69, a debt reduction of £12,714.65. We're nearly half way to reaching our priority goal for 2012.
2) Contribute/save at least £3,000 to our future financial freedom:
Only pensions contributions made this year (moved all other money out). Total added to goal £1,206.
3) Save at least £1,000 for house repairs:Way behind on this goal. Currently £41.00 in this fund. FAIL!
4) Save £900 for gifts:
On track with goal. Budgeted deposit of £75 made to this account in May.
5) Save £1,300 for a family holiday:
Goal completed and trip booked.
6) Save £4,000 for a trip to Washington/NY in 2013:
7) Save £700 for a mini break to Italy.
Goal completed and trip taken - this trip ended up costing £1042.65!! A lot for 3 days, but worth it.