After pretty much ignoring our budget in March, I was determined to stick to the numbers this month, and it worked…….for the most part!
Financial Goals for April:
- Contribute £500 to our travel fund – we contributed £412.84
- Overpay the mortgage by at least £1457.66 – yes, we made an overpayment of £1,757.66
- Make at least £300 above and beyond our regular income – we made £277.53
- Keep our grocery spending within budget (£200) – yes, spent £192.84
- Keep holiday spending below £1,000 – no, a little over, but it was mainly clothes for hubby which he plans to pay for with his birthday money
I’m looking at ways to channel extra money to our mortgage and so starting in May I’m going to take my monthly iphone cost (£36-£37), out of my personal spending allowance (£80) – this will *save* us at least £432 annually.
How did you do in April?
Further Reading at Move to Portugal: Mortgage Freedom: May 2012 Report